Please Go Straight to the SYLLABUS for Your Topics
Overview of The Diploma in Prescribing Bread as Lifestyle Medicine you will:
- You have 2 years to complete 2 modules: BALM Theory and BALM Practical. Once you have graduated you will be given a licence to prescribe BALM as part of our systems change programme.
- You will learn how mass-produced, poor-quality bread and baked goods negatively impact health.
- Understand the mechanisms of how long, slow fermentation transforms your bread and discover how The Sourdough School Bread protocol resulted in significant positive benefits to both the gut microbiome and mental health.
- Bake the knowledge from this module. Each week throughout the course, on the BALM Practical Module you will apply the BALM theory to make your bread and accompanying recipes.
- Gain a unique insight into the impact of Baking as Lifestyle Medicine on the gut microbiome and physical and mental health.
- Appraise Sourdough School case studies that demonstrate improvement of physical and mental health outcomes.
- Apply the knowledge & change your clinical practice: medical professionals may apply for a practitioner’s licence on completion of the course, which will enable you to socially prescribe Prescription memberships with the social discount to your patients.
- Positively impact community health: our courses are about baking and sharing bread. The bake two, share one principle encourages people to connect with each other which helps alleviate loneliness and social isolation.
- Understand and participate in BALM as activism.
- Create and share both a case study as your graduation task & a formula or cake recipe that applies and demonstrates clear application and understanding of baking according to BALM Protocol.
- Inspire the next generation by mentoring a 16 – 24 year old.
- Stay as an Alumni member
If you missed the LIve froM the Previous sessions then you can watch Them for up to 6 weeks
Catch Up On Missed Live Q & A