Before prescribing, it’s a good idea to take a moment and remember to avoid assumptions about a patient’s access to resources like a kitchen, promote social equality and patient-centred care, and address health disparities.
- Printed a 12-Week Self-Assessment Form: Hand over the self-assessment form for the patient to record their goals and track progress.
- Confirm Patient’s Profile: Ensure the patient meets the BALM prescription profile.
- Check Patient’s Age: Ensure the patient is an adult.
- Check for Essential Resources: Confirm the patient’s access to a suitable kitchen, baking equipment, internet-enabled device, and proficiency in English.
- Discuss the BALM Approach: Explain how BALM works and how it complements traditional medical treatments.
- Provide Prescription Vouchers: Check that the voucher provides two voucher codes for reduced-rate memberships to The Sourdough Club.
- Symptoms Selection: Collaborate with the patient to select symptoms for focus for the self-assessment form
- Record Baseline Measurements on the form:
- Blood sugar
- Cholesterol levels
- Blood pressure
- Hand over the self-assessment form for the patient to record their goals and track progress.
- Explain Emergency Protocols: Inform the patient about the necessity of reporting back in case of poor self-scoring or mental distress.
- Inform patient they are not obliged to take part.
- Offer Ingredients, equipment or Kit Voucher: (only if available and applicable) Provide the patient with a voucher for a kit and/or ingredients.
- Plan or set dates or Follow-up Assessment: Set a plan to reassess the patient after 12 weeks to evaluate changes and assess the impact of the Program on their health.