Sourdough School Internal Standards Policy
This policy establishes clear standards for health and safety, cleanliness and organisation within the Sourdough School. It is designed to promote a harmonious, respectful, and efficient working environment for all staff, including part-time team members and those sharing desks and equipment.
This policy applies to all permanent, temporary, and part-time people who work at The Sourdough School.
- Desk and Workspace Organisation
- Clear Desk Policy: Each team member must maintain a clutter-free, organised desk. Personal belongings should be stored properly at the end of each day.
- Shared Spaces: When using shared spaces (like the kitchen or meeting rooms), staff must ensure these areas are left clean and tidy for the next user.
- Clear window sills policy. Please keep window sills clear.
- Kitchen and Eating Area Etiquette
- Dishes and Utensils: All staff are responsible for washing their dishes, cups, and utensils immediately after use. If a dishwasher is available, items should be placed inside, and the dishwasher should be run when full.
- Food Waste: Leftover food should be disposed of properly, and eating areas must be cleaned after use.
- Returning things to their rightful place. One of the most challenging aspects of running the school is that people tidy stuff into the wrong place, creating a great deal of unnecessary stress. We expect that people ask where something goes or leave it on the table for Vanessa to tidy away.
- Cleaning equipment and hover are kept under the stairs. Please keep these things in good order.
- If something is missing, please send Vanessa an Amazon link, and she will order the item to be delivered.
- Cats and dogs are NOT allowed in the bakery.
- Cats and dogs are allowed into the office by invitation.
- Equipment and Resource Management
- Proper Storage: All equipment and resources, such as stationery, should be returned to their designated storage area after use.
- Shared Equipment: Any shared equipment must be handled carefully and returned to its proper place immediately after use.
- Deliveries and Waste Management
- The School gardens are extensive. 2/3 of an acre and so dogs bark when a delivery driver arrives. This is often how we know that there is something that needs signing. We expect that if you hear the dogs barking, you stop and check who the dogs are barking at.
- Cardboard – please take it down to the bin on the way out. Check for paperwork before disposing.
- Milk and Cheese and orange juice Please put on the island in the Kitchen
- Deliveries for Alastair Kimbell and Picard Solutions. We share the space with Picard Solutions Ltd. All letters are put on the black sideboard in the house hallway for Alastair and Vanessa personally.
- Bin Emptying: Bins should be emptied regularly, and staff are responsible for emptying bins in their workspace or any shared area they have used.
- Recycling: Staff should adhere to the school’s recycling policies, segregating waste appropriately.
- Responsibility and Accountability
- Each team member is responsible for adhering to these standards. Failure to comply may result in a review of the individual’s work habits and, if necessary, disciplinary action.
- Respect and Consideration
- Mutual Respect: All staff should respect each other’s space and work requirements, especially in shared and communal areas.
- Part-time Staff and Desk Sharing: Staff sharing desks or equipment must ensure they leave the workspace as they would wish to find it.
Implementation and Compliance
- All team members are required to read and acknowledge this policy.
- Periodic reviews will be conducted to ensure compliance and address any issues.
- Suggestions for improvement are always welcome and can be addressed to [appropriate contact person].
Adhering to these standards will create a more enjoyable and productive environment for everyone at the Sourdough School. Your cooperation and commitment to these policies are greatly appreciated