Welcome to the Sourdough Club.
Let’s start with the fact that bread is about sharing. It is about connecting and being in the moment. It is filling the house with the smell of freshly baked bread that is healthy and baking is about expressing time, love and care that you have for the people around you. So we decided to work in the same way and share our way of working with the people we work with. This isn’t just a way to make bread. This is a community and we support each other. So I am delighted that you are thinking of joining the club though Miguel who is not just our resident gut health expert, he is also a nutritionist and a neuroscientist, as well as one of my advisors for my research. He is not just brilliant but he is also absolutely lovely.
Click here to use this code miguel-10 to get 10% off the 12 Month Membership to the Sourdough Club today.
( Please note this is the only course we are able to offer this discount to.) By joining the club you are not just learning to bake the healthiest bread, but you are also supporting Miguel and his amazing work.
Miguel works with the Sourdough Club through the Sourdough School bringing a wealth of knowledge and professional experience as a neuroscientist, researcher, nutritionist, communicate. His professional interests span the fields of nutrition, biotechnology, microbiology and neuroscience. He has been able to bring these together while working as a Research Fellow at the School of Applied Sciences of London South Bank University. Miguel is the lead investigator in clinical trials looking to further develop our understanding of the relationship between food, gut bacteria and mental well-being, and his contribution to the club is one of the reasons that we are the leaders on the field of Nutrition and digestibility of bread.
About The Club
The Sourdough Club is an Online Course … and you will:
- Learn to make Sourdough.
- Find our why sourdough is the healthiest bread.
- Discover more than you knew there is to know about the fascinating world of bread, baking, your digestion, and how it relates to your own health and well being.
- Learn the techniques that make your bread rise, with a tender open crumb and a burninshed crust.
- Nourish yourself and your family every day by learning about our 7 core principles of how to bake bread that nourihes and how to eat it for optimal health.
- The Sourdough Club is the virtual way of attending The Sourdough School. The Sourdough Club is unique because it goes far beyond what a “normal,” online course does, it is a baking community, with support and regular new recipes and articles to keep you inspired.
- You can learn everything you want to know about sourdough from home as though you were here in the school bakery with Vanessa Kimbell & her tutors.
- Our video tutorials teach you every detail. From how to start a starter, maintain it, to timings, temperatures and shaping to tips on the best way to get an open crumb as well as troubleshooting.
- You get to chat with me in the forum & you get The Sourdough Club Magazine with regular new recipes.
- It takes time to master the art of sourdough, but with over 70 videos this membership allows you to learn at your own pace.
- & we’ll post you one of the Sourdough school’s starters FREE to get you going … ( you just need to pay the postage .. )
I love this quote by the amazing Dr Micheal Mosely – it sums up our approach “When it comes to bread not all bread is equal. Some breads are far more wholesome than others. Sourdough eaten as part of a Mediterranean diet is a good choice; I recommend Vanessa Kimbell’s simple approach to making sourdough at home, using wholegrain flour, salt and water and time for bread that nourishes.”
I look forward to seeing you the club .. & don’t forget to share your bakes on Instagram & in the club forum.
Founder of the Sourdough School